I love the opportunities that orthodontics has provided for me to meet so many wonderful families in my community, and to help my patients improve their smiles and their self-esteem. The transformation that we get to see as our patients progress through treatment is truly wonderful.
Many of our patients start off a little shy and concerned about their smile, but as they grow and mature and their smiles improve, it’s amazing to see a change in how they present themselves to their family, friends, and to us.
Since each patient is so unique and special, it is a gift to meet each family and bring them into our orthodontic family. My team and I go out of our way to make sure that our patients feel comfortable and like they are part of our family so they can enjoy their experience with us as much as possible.
Education and continuing education
- Associate of Applied Science, electrical automation robotics technology – Utah Valley State College
- Associate of Science, natural science – Utah Valley State College
- Bachelor of Science, technology management – Utah Valley State College
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
- Master of Science – University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
- Certificate in orthodontics – University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
I attend continuing education seminars on a regular basis to keep current with the latest technology in orthodontic care and treatment. I feel that continuing education is important because it facilitates excellent clinical care and comfort for my patients.
- UNC Department of Orthodontics Alumni
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Blue Ridge Dental Society
- Forsyth County Dental Society
Honors and awards
- Andrew Brooks Fellowship Award – UNC Department of Orthodontics
- Alpha Omega Scholarship Award – UNC School of Dentistry
- The American Association of Orthodontists Award – UNC School of Dentistry
- Clinical Commendations – UNC School of Dentistry
- IADR Bloc Award – IADR Session in Baltimore
- Turner Student Research Award – North Carolina section of the AADR
- Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence – Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Deans List – UNC School of Dentistry
- Eagle Scout Award
Outside the office
I am originally from American Fork, Utah, and currently reside in Forsyth County with my wife Sarah, who is a native of North Carolina. I enjoy spending much of my free time with my family, participating in church activities, scuba diving, snowboarding, watching movies with Sarah, and reading. I am also very active in my community through the Mission of Mercy Clinics, which provide free dental care to those in need.